We are excited to announce that the next stage of our phased re-opening begins on Monday, July 20, 2020. As of this date, we have relaxed our screening procedures — members are now expected to self-screen before visiting the Y. Furthermore, we have revised our Member Code of Conduct to help protect the health and wellness of our facilities and community.
There will no longer be a screening desk when you enter our facilities. All visitors to the Y are expected to continuously self-screen for COVID-19. Please be sure to wear community face masks, practice good hygiene, and respect physical distancing at all times while on-site.
Do you have ANY of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 38°C or more,
- sore throat,
- runny nose,
- new or worsening chronic cough,
- New onset fatigue or muscle aches,
- loss of taste or smell,
- In children, purple markings on fingers and toes?
Can you answer NO to each of the following questions?
- Have you had close contact within the last 14 days with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Are you waiting to hear the results of a lab test for COVID-19?
- Have you returned from travel outside New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, or Newfoundland and Labrador (the Atlantic Bubble) within the last 14 days?
- Have you been told by public health that you may have been exposed to COVID-19?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you should not enter YMCA facilities to limit the spread of illness. You may also need to contact 811 and self-isolate for 14 days.
Updated Member Code of Conduct
We have updated our Code of Conduct to ensure that all members can enjoy our facilities and programming while keeping our community as safe and healthy as possible.
As a member of the YMCA of Greater Saint John, I agree to:
- Have my mask on in all areas of the YMCA, only removing it when in program spaces provided I can maintain safe physical distances of at least 2 meters / 6 feet.
- Have my membership card ready to scan at the gate for entrance – or be ready with a government-issued photo ID and line up by the designated sign for Y Staff to assist me.
- Properly sanitize my hands and adhere to hygiene etiquette.
- Respect the adjusted spaces, directional arrows, and equipment to assist with Physical Distancing.
- Pre-register to participate in all spaces except for the Fitness Centre, for which it is not required (please ask a staff member to help you set up an account to get started).
- Not take photos or video calls or record videos on the premises to comply with the Privacy Act and Child Protection policies.
- Sanitize any equipment and other areas I use/touch before and after each use.
Members, guests, and staff are reminded that physical distancing is each person’s responsibility. If you are uncomfortable in any space, please step away and ask us for assistance when needed.
At the Y, we are guided by our Core Values: Responsible, Respectful, Inclusive, Honest, and Caring. We thank all members, staff, visitors, and volunteers who help us build a community that embraces and promotes these principles.
Thank you for your continued support and feedback as we continue to work through our reopening strategies.
About the YMCA of Greater Saint John
The YMCA of Greater Saint John exists to build healthy communities. As a registered charitable organization, the Y relies on your donations to ensure that no one in our community is turned away from partaking in life-enriching Y services due to financial limitations. Please consider supporting your community by donating today – because there is no Y without you!
For More Information
If you have further questions, please contact the YMCA via email: email@example.com.
For more information on the GNB Recovery Plan, please visit the following website: https://www2.gnb.ca/.