View all alerts
Please note: On Wednesday, March 22nd the Saint John Regional Y Pools will be closing at 9:00 pm for routine cleaning. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Working with YMCA
If you are looking for a meaningful job, a caring work environment, and an opportunity to reach your fullest potential, consider a career with the Y!
There are many benefits to working at the YMCA. We strive to create a fun and healthy environment, where you can play an important role in your community and in changing people’s lives. We’re all about creating opportunities, opening doors and welcoming all and by doing so make a positive difference in the community. Working with us means helping children, youth, adults, newcomers and seniors at all levels of ability, from all walks of life, and inspiring them to develop their potential in new ways.
If you are considering a career with us, here are some of the things we offer to part-time and full time employees:
- An interdisciplinary culture that allows staff to explore different jobs
- A comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, disability insurance and employee assistance counselling services) and an employer-matching pension plan for qualifying staff
- A “Y Health Day” for qualifying employees (personal day off with pay)
- A competitive vacation entitlement that increases with seniority
- Complimentary membership to our Health & Fitness facility
- A safe work environment
- Regular opportunities for employees to provide input and suggestions
- Formal job orientation as well as on-going and annual training
- The opportunity to participate in YMCA Canada training programs