- Rothesay Hive Age-Friendly Centre
- Type of Position:
- Casual: flexible shifts between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Placement Date:
Qualifications and Skills
- Current and clear security clearance with vulnerable sector screening, excellent customer service skills, basic knowledge of YMCA membership info and programs offered, basic knowledge of facility.
- Help facilitate coffee and conversation, dine-out club, day trips, acoustic james, movie matinee etc.
- Greet members who attend the activity.
- Ensure the space is set up and prepared for the activity.
- Ensure the space is tidy, cleaned and returned to same condition the space was found.
- Provide a supportive and welcoming environment and excellence in service for all members and guests.
- Use respectable language at all times.
- Well-groomed and appropriately dressed in clothing that is fitting for the position and that will leave the best possible impression on the public.
- Accept the guidance and decisions from the Supervisor/Director as well as reporting planned or unplanned absence to the Supervisor/Director.
- Treat staff, clients and other volunteers of the YMCA of Greater Saint John with respect and dignity and be responsible in the use of the YMCA of Greater Saint John’s resources.
- Perform Volunteer responsibilities promptly, reliably and to the best of the Volunteer’s ability.
- Adhere to policies and procedures of the YMCA of Greater Saint John.
- Accept and work within the YMCA of Greater Saint John’s Guiding Principles, the Mission Statement as well as the Values of the YMCA of Greater Saint John.
- Display appropriate YMCA of Greater Saint John Volunteer identification as required.
- Participate in orientation and training programs when required.
- Be a part of the YMCA team and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of the YMCA.
- Opportunity to enhance skills as well as learn and develop new skills in a fitness facility environment.
- Learn about diversity at the YMCA and meet new people from all walks of life.
- Gain valuable customer service experience.
- Enhance communication and interpersonal skills and gain valuable work experience, volunteering reflects and supports a complete picture of an individual, and gives real examples of their commitment, dedication and interests.
- Reference letter supplied with successful volunteer experience upon request.