- Saint John Regional Y
- Placement Date:
Type of Position:
This role is available a specific and determined period of time. We are seeking a 13 week commitment from individuals that are available up to 2 days a week for approximately 2 hours each day. Our preference is individuals 50+ and older.
Placement Date: Fall
Qualifications and Skills
Current and clear vulnerable sector screening, excellent customer service skills, basic knowledge of the facility and programs offered at our YMCA.
- To act as peer support for “Get Up & Go (65+)” Participants by accompanying participants from the front door to the program location, assisting participants with facility navigation, and introduction to other participants and program leaders.
- Greet members upon entering the facility and provide a supportive, welcoming environment and excellence in service for all members and guests.
- Well-groomed and appropriately dressed in clothing that is fitting for the position and that will leave the best possible impression on the public.
- Participate in orientation and training programs when required.
- Be a part of the YMCA team and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of the YMCA.
- Opportunity to enhance skills as well as learn and develop new skills in a fitness facility environment.
- Learn about diversity at the YMCA and meet new people from all walks of life.
- Gain valuable customer service experience.
- Enhance communication and interpersonal skills and gain valuable work experience, volunteering reflects and supports a complete picture of an individual, and gives real examples of their commitment, dedication and interests.