Back to Orange Phase: Y to Reopen on January 28, 2021
We will be reopening our facilities on Thursday, January 28, 2021, following the Government of New Brunswick’s announcement that Zone 2 (Saint John) will be transitioning to the Orange Phase of the GNB COVID-19 Recovery Plan. This includes both the Saint John Regional Y and the Irving Oil Field House. Please remember that we will be reverting back to our Orange Phase Operational Protocols to keep our members, staff, and community safe from the spread of COVID-19.
As we continue to work through this pandemic, we know that it has been difficult to stay updated and we thank you for your continued support and patience as we work through this together. Although Zone 2 will move to the Orange Phase of Recovery on Wednesday, January 27, we require an additional day to recall our staff and ensure that everything is ready for opening on Thursday morning.
Orange Phase Operational Protocols
The Saint John Regional Y and Irving Oil Field House will reopen to our members but the following changes will be implemented.
- The active screening table will return with mandatory temperature checks upon entering the facility and answering screening questions.
- Masks must be worn at all times, even while working out, regardless of physical distancing.
- No individuals will be permitted entry into the facility without wearing either a mask or a full face shield. As per Provincial Government guidelines, masks with air vents or valves, bandanas and fandanas, face shields without the bottom shield, and scarves are not acceptable community masks and are not acceptable onsite.
- All members must respect physical distancing requirements at all times.
- 3 meters / 9 feet for high-intensity exercise
- 2 meters / 6 feet for low-intensity exercise
- All common surfaces and equipment must be sanitized before and after each use.
- All locker rooms and team change rooms are temporarily closed.
- We ask that members bring only their spill-proof water bottles and indoor footwear.
- Coat racks and boot mats will be available in the lobby for members to store their outerwear.
- Bags are not permitted in fitness centres or program areas.
- All swimming and aquatics programming are paused until further notice, except for lane swim and family bubble swim, both of which will require online registration.
- Please come dressed and ready for the pool, your bag can be placed in the viewing area of the pool deck, and a quick dry-off before leaving is required due to no locker room usage in Orange Phase.
- Class capacities may be reduced to accommodate physical distancing requirements (this information is available during online registration).
- Child Minding will not be available until further notice at the Saint John Regional Y.
- All public seating areas cannot be used at either facility.
Membership payments will restart when we reopen Thursday, January 28. Membership payments January 28, through to and including February 2, will be half of your regular biweekly payment to reflect the closure during your pay period. On Wednesday, February 3, payments will return to the full withdrawal moving forward.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your membership or payments, please reach out to Membership Services: firstname.lastname@example.org.