COVID-19 Membership Update | December 10, 2020
As of December 11, the Saint John Region (Zone 2) has transitioned back to the yellow phase of the Provincial Recovery. The following changes will take effect as of Friday, December 11 to keep our members, staff, and community as safe and healthy as possible.
The Irving Oil Field House and Saint John Regional Y fitness facilities remain open to our members but the following changes have been implemented.
- Please exercise self-screening upon entering any facility.
- Members must have their access card to scan in for contact tracing.
- All locker and team change rooms will reopen with showers open for use.
- Physical distancing requirements will decrease to 3 metres/9 feet for high-intensity fitness classes and exercise.
- Physical distancing of 2 meters/6 feet will be maintained for low-intensity fitness classes (e.g. yoga).
- Masks must also be worn at all times, except while actively working out.
- If you must pass someone while using the track, the person passing will use the inside lane, and must put their mask on while passing.
- No individuals will be permitted entry into the facility without wearing either a face mask or a full face shield.
- Child Minding is not available until further notice at the Saint John Regional Y.
- All swimming and aquatics programming will resume at previous capacity levels.
- Aquafit Classes will resume. Pre-registration is required, on a week-to-week basis.
- All other programs are continuing as normal but all participants must wear a mask at all times while also maintaining physical distancing.
Child Care & After School Programs
YMCA Child Care is an essential service and all of our locations will remain open during the yellow phase. Any new guidelines set out by the Department of Education and early childhood development will be communicated directly to our families.