COVID-19 Update | The Y Remains Open as Zone 2 (Saint John) Transitions to Orange Phase
Following this afternoon’s announcement by the Government of New Brunswick, the Saint John Region (Zone 2) is transitioning to the Orange Phase of the Provincial Recovery Plan as of 12:00 AM, November 21, 2020. The YMCA of Greater Saint John will remain open; however, we will run with a revised operational plan to keep our members, staff, and community as safe and healthy as possible.
The Irving Oil Field House and Saint John Regional Y fitness facilities will remain open to our members but the following changes will be implemented.
- The active screening table will return with mandatory temperature checks upon entering the facility and answering screening questions.
- Members must have their access card to scan in for contact tracing.
- All locker and team change rooms are closed. Members are discouraged from bringing in bags.
- Physical distancing requirements will increase to 3 metres/9 feet for high-intensity fitness classes and exercise.
- Physical distancing of 2 meters/6 feet will be maintained for low-intensity fitness classes (e.g. yoga).
- Masks must also be worn at all times, even while working out, regardless of physical distancing.
- No individuals will be permitted entry into the facility without wearing either a face mask or a full face shield.
- Child Minding will not be available until further notice at the Saint John Regional Y.
- All swimming and aquatics programming will be paused until further notice except for lane swim and family bubble swim, which will require pre-registration beginning on Monday, November 23. The Family Changing Room will be open for you to access the pool deck. Bags must be placed in the viewing area. Shower and locker use is unavailable at this time. Register for aquatics programs here.
- All other programs will be continuing as normal but all participants must wear a mask at all times while also maintaining physical distancing.
- All public seating areas cannot be used at either facility.
- We will not be accepting Day Passes at this time.
Child Care & After School Programs
YMCA Child Care is an essential service and all of our locations will remain open during the orange phase. Any new guidelines set out by the Department of Education and early childhood development will be communicated directly to our families.
Newcomer Connections will continue to operate all programming online at this time.
Thank you for your continued support and hard work as we navigate through these unplanned changes.